Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fresh Raspberry Soda


Last time I tried to give blood, Diet Dr. Pepper spewed forth from my veins. On my quest to healthier insides, I began replacing some of my soda with...soda. Fruity, pink, good for you soda. Grab a sieve and let's get girly.

Gather:
1 cup raspberries
1 tsp lime juice
2 tsp agave nectar
1 cup soda water
Optional: splash of vodka

  • Place sieve over a bowl and & drop raspberries in. Mash the berries with the back of a spoon so that juice flows through the sieve into the bowl. 
  • Mix raspberry juice, lime juice and agave nectar in a glass and add a few cubes of ice.
  • Grab the sieve full of raspberry bits and hold it over the glass of mixed juices and nectar. Pour soda water over raspberry bits and allow it to drain through sieve into your glass. 
  • Add a splash (or two) of vodka if you so desire.

2 comments:

  1. You need to P-Diddy those ice cubes.

    Yo: http://goo.gl/TxrIqX

    Tiny Elvis says, "Hey man, that straw is HUUUUGE"

    http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3437338137/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think my freezer is big enough for those ice cubes. And score another one for the Tiny E!

      Delete