Snack week continues with roasted cantaloupe salad and cantaloupe smoothies.
Roasted Cantaloupe Salad
2 cups bite-sized pieces of cantaloupe
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and cube cantaloupe.
- Place cantaloupe on baking sheet and roast until it begins to caramelize, roughly 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Toss cooled cantaloupe, chopped nuts, Greek yogurt and coconut flakes. Makes about 1 cup.
- Hint: if you want to serve this to folks, set aside a few of the prettiest pieces of roasted cantaloupe, a spoonful of nuts and some coconut flakes. Sprinkle each over the top of the salad. Looks matter.
2 cups cubed cantaloupe
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup reduced fat organic milk
2 tbsp agave nectar
- Throw all ingredients in a food processor. Process until desired texture is reached. I let mine run about 1-1.5 minutes for a smoothie with no chunks . Makes a pint and a half.