Fish is a staple of the Mediterranean "diet" - shoot for fish dinners twice a week. Being a seafood lover living on the Gulf Coast (fresh!), I am happy to dine on creatures of the sea. And bay. And river. And lake and pond. I've never met a fish that I did not like (to chew on). I often hear people say that they do not enjoy fish because it's too...fishy. If you fall in that camp, try kicking it up a notch with fruit salsas. Let's bake!
2 large or 4 small grouper fillets
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat bottom of baking dish with EVOO.
- Place a layer of lemon slices on bottom of dish.
- Top lemon slices with grouper. Salt and pepper lightly.
- Evenly sprinkle fillets with garlic powder, basil, and cilantro and top with remainder of lemon slices.
- Bake until fish flakes when you scrape it lightly with a fork, about 15 minutes.
1 cup diced strawberries
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbsp chopped chives
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp honey
Mix all together and serve on top of baked grouper.