Sunday, March 17, 2013

One week down...

I began turning Mediterranean one week ago today. What say I? I feel pretty good. It is not an exaggeration to say that before I started this, I might go a day or two without consuming a fruit or vegetable. (Unless, of course, french fries count.)

Now I eat more fruits and veggies than anything else. Now I can count on one hand the number of Diet Dr. Peppers I drank in a week instead of using up that hand in one day. Now I'm one of those people who order water because they want to drink water, not because they want to save $2.53. I think my body kinda likes it.

Bonus: I lost four pounds! I'm pretty sure I look like Posh Spice now (don't ruin it for me). I needed to change my eating habits to keep my body healthy. To make efforts to ward off such things as diabetes and cancer. To make good things better and give bad things a harder go of it. But I would by lying if I said weight loss wasn't a huge motivator for a change in my diet.

By the way, I'm not using the term "diet" the way I've used it so many times before. It's not something I'm going to do for a while to drop some pounds. I'm using "diet" as a general term for the type of food that I habitually eat. This Mediterranean thing is a commitment that I want to make life-long. I know it's still early, but I don't think that will be very difficult. I feel full. The food is good. It's pretty easy. The only hard part is saying no to fried chicken and strawberry cake. I just have to remind myself that I can still have those things once in a while.

Source: diet-blog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment