Not really a looker but...
Y'all. This healthy chicken casserole doesn't taste a bit healthy. So garlic-y and flavorful and fulfilling. This is comfort food. Fried chicken strips who?
Plus, after a bit of prep, you throw it in the oven and take care of business while it gets itself ready for your mouth.
3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, brought to room temp
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute chicken bites in olive oil and Italian seasoning until just beginning to brown on all sides.
- Combine Greek yogurt and chicken in small casserole dish and drizzle generously with pesto.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Add a thin layer of almond flour.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Eat! Remember, 1/2 vege, 1/4 whole grain, 1/4 lean protein.